Sweet Potato Coconut Curry
Yesterday was kind of a whole blur of things mixed together. We are in the process of looking for a house and it is not an easy task. We decided we are both ready to be out of our apartment, but I think the house hunting process is a little less fun than I imagined. But, when it’s meant to be it will be right? Hope so.
After some house viewings, errands, and a Trader Joe’s trip, I was exhausted and ready for dinner. Are any of your local Trader Joe’s complete insanity on weekends? It’s chaos, but totally worth it. We both decided we NEEDED one of our favorite dinners, this coconut curry. Not only is it so easy and quick to make, but it’s so yummy.
- 2 large sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- 1 15oz can chick peas
- 1 15 ounce can coconut milk (low fat NOT recommended)
- 3 cups baby spinach
- 2 tbsps red curry paste
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp chili powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 cups basmati rice, cooked according to package directions
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Roast sweet potato cubes on a foil lined cookie sheet for 20 minutes, or until soft.
- While sweet potatoes are roasting, heat oil in a medium sauce pan.
- Sautee onions until clear, about 3 minutes.
- Add chick peas to pot and continue cooking for 2 minutes.
- Add coconut milk, spinach, and curry paste to pan and stir until well mixed. Once the sweet potatoes are soft, add them to the pot as well.
- Add paprika, chili powder, and salt and pepper to taste. Let simmer for ten minutes.
- Serve hot over basmati rice.