Fire Roasted Sun Dried Tomato Sauce with Spaghetti Squash
Hi everyone! Life is getting a little bit crazy around here, but in a good way. I’m getting towards the end of my semester for school and we have been working on some wedding things too. Lots of fun (mostly the wedding part). Maybe I should stop grad school and become a wedding planner? No? …We’re also still house hunting, but so far we’ve got NADA.
Anyways, the weather has been all over the place here in upstate NY. One day its 60, the next it’s 30. Last night it was thunderstorming, tomorrow snow flurries. It leaves me slightly confused on what foods to eat (and what to wear, help). I certainly don’t want to be eating soup when it’s almost hot outside, but I don’t crave cold things when I’m freezing. Except ice cream, I always crave ice cream.
This recipe works in both hot and cold temps. It has the hearty and comforting feeling of pasta, while it’s actually really light and filled with veggies. More importantly, it pairs well with red wine. So pour yourself a glass or three and enjoy.
(And the sauce is so good, your pasta loving spaghetti squash sceptic won’t even mind)
- 1 medium spaghetti squash
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 yellow onion, chopped
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 8.5 oz jar julienned sun dried tomatoes (or homemade if you wish)
- 1 can fire roasted diced tomatoes
- Feta cheese for topping
- Poke holes in it with a sharp knife and microwave for 12 to 15 minutes, or until the knife can easily slice it in half
- Slice lengthwise and remove seeds with a fork
- Run fork through the squash so it falls out like spaghetti and set aside
- Heat olive oil in large pan over medium heat
- Sautee onions and diced tomato in the pan until onions are clear, about 3 minutes
- Add spinach to pan and cook until wilted, stirring occasionally
- Pour jar of sun dried tomatoes in the veggie mixture and let simmer for 5 minutes
- Add the can of fire roasted diced tomatoes, stir, and let simmer for 5 additional minutes
- Serve hot over spaghetti squash.
- Optional- Top with a sprinkling of feta cheese
- Vegetable-Packed Recipes for Eat Your Vegetables Day - Enticing Healthy Eating - […] Fire Roasted Sun Dried Tomato Sauce with Spaghetti Squash by So Damn Good […]