The Best Damn Sweet Guac
A couple of weeks ago we went out to a new Mexican restaurant in our area and I literally fell in love with the guacamole they served us. Loved it to the point where I’ve been thinking about it ever since. It was a perfect mixture of sweet and savory with creamy avocados and goat cheese. I think it weird when people don’t like avocado…sorry.
When we had a party to go to this weekend, I knew it was the perfect chance to try to recreate this guac. And not to toot my own horn but…toot toot. It came out awesome.
First, make sure you have perfectly ripe avocados. So important. My trick to finding the perfect avo is to remove the little brown stem while you’re in the grocery store. If its really white underneath, its not ripe. If it’s brown, its too ripe. If it’s light green, it’s JUST right. Call me Goldilocks.
This guac is quick and easy and literally will make non avocado lovers belly’s happy.
- 5 ripe Hass avocados
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped finely
- juice of 1 lime
- 1/4 cup hot sauce
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 cups pineapple, chopped
- 1/2 cup goat cheese
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Extra cilantro, goat cheese and pineapple for serving.
- Peel avocado and remove pit.
- Mash in a serving bowl.
- Fold in the rest of the ingredients until well mixed.
- Top with extra cilantro, goat cheese, and pineapple.
- If you are bringing this to a party, put the pit of a few avocado's in the bowl to prevent browning while transporting.