“Healthier” Popcorn Trail Mix
Hello my friends! The first day of spring was just this week and some beautiful weather is finally upon us. I seriously love when it starts to stay lighter later and the weather is a little bit warmer. It also makes me want to do a little bit of shopping. Spring clothes, spring shoes, and spring foods. Only the essentials people.
Easter is right around the corner, and whether you celebrate or not, it’s always good to have some sweet treats. I whole heartedly believe in everything in moderation, so why not take somethin’ delish and make it just a LITTLE bit healthier.
This popcorn trail mix is made with air popped popcorn, a dark chocolate drizzle, pretzels (whole grain of course), and you’re favorite m&m’s. This will be adored by kids and adults alike. (I literally could not stop snacking during this photo shoot). Happy spring, happy shopping, and happy snacking!
- 4 cups air popped popcorn, popped
- 2 cups whole wheat pretzels
- 1 cup m&m's (whichever kind is your favorite, I used dark chocolate)
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- Mix all ingredients except chocolate chips and coconut oil in a large bowl.
- In a separate small microwave safe bowl, add chocolate chips and coconut oil.
- Microwave for two minutes, stirring at one minute. If it's not fully melted, stir and microwave an additional 30 seconds until creamy.
- Drizzle melted chocolate over the popcorn mix.