Quick and Easy Maple Almond Granola
I usually get stuck in breakfast ruts. Even though breakfast is pretty much my favorite meal of the day, weekdays are tough because I don’t really have time to make big breakfasts like pancakes. Usually it’s something quick, and my go to lately has been oats topped with fruit and a big hunk of nut butter melted on top.
I needed to take the time to think of another breakfast, though, so I didn’t get too tired of my beloved oats. Thankfully, Sunday I had some time to meal prep. But lets be honest, even when I do have a ton of time to meal prep it’s usually my only time of the week to relax and I don’t want to do it.
Enter this granola. The entire process takes about 15 minutes and I can eat it throughout the entire week. It is perfect over yogurt, with milk, mixed into other cereal, or just grab and go. It’s a perfect snack too, and is a mixuture of whole grains and healthy fats. Add some berries and you’re set with fruit too.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 cups old fashioned rolled oats
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper
- In a nonstick skillet, melt butter and 3 tbsps of the maple syrup
- Add the next five ingredients, stirring consistently with a spoon for 2 minutes
- Add oats and the last tbsp of syrup and continue to stir until golden, about 5 minutes
- Transfer to cookie sheet to cool