Sweet Potato Brie Appetizer
Hi friends! I had a crazy but fun weekend, I was sad to see it end. Friday night we saw some friends and relaxed. Oh, and I casually purchased my wedding dress(!!!!). Can June 2017 come quicker?
Saturday morning we were up and out bright and early for a quick workout followed by breakfast and mimosas. My sister was home for the weekend and we got to watch her schools hockey team play in the NCAA tournament with family and lots of friends. It was so much fun, and they’ve made it to the frozen four- go Quinnipiac!!
Sunday started out with a little bit of sleeping in and a little bit of easter brunch. For easter my gift was a food processor from my mom and the most adorable hummus bowl from Ryan’s mom …. such a nutrition nerd. Thank god for the red wine and champagne! I squeezed in some studying before Ryan’s parents headed over for easter. I whipped up a quick appetizer of sweet potatoes with brie, crans, walnuts, and a light drizzle of maple syrup. I know some people aren’t brie fans, but give this a shot- it’s delish. And as per usual, it paired perfectly for some red wine.
After we were full on sweet potatoes we headed back out to watch the rest of the hockey tournament. I hate it when perfect weekends come to an end. Hope yours was just as good!
- 2 large sweet potatoes, sliced into even, 1/4 inch rounds
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 8 ounces brie, sliced
- 1/2 cup walnut pieces (typically found in baking section)
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Line a cookie sheet with aluminum foil.
- Evenly spread sweet potatoes over cookie sheet.
- Drizzle with the olive oil, and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove sweet potatoes, and carefully top with a slice of brie.
- Replace into oven for 5 minutes.
- Remove potatoes again and place a few walnuts and cranberries on each potato directly into the brie.
- Bake for 5 more minutes, then remove and let cool for 5 minutes.
- Lightly drizzle with maple syrup and serve immediately.