Creamy Polenta with Broccoli and Sun Dried Tomatoes
Ummm, this. Is seriously good. Polenta is such a random but simple food and I feel like a lot of people don’t make it too often. But they should. Because it’s good. I came up with this dish after trying a series of different polenta dishes I have been seeing around lately, but this combo is just perfection.
As I get closer and closer to the end of my semester, I get a little crazy and want to quit and stay home all day and cook things like this. But for now that’s NOT quite an option, only a few more weeks though! And next semester is my last one…final countdown. After that it’s the home stretch to finally being a registered dietitian AND a married woman. Can’t wait!!
In the meantime, make this dish. It’s simple, filling, and totally feels like comfort food.
- For the polenta-
- 4 cups polenta, cooked according to package directions
- 1 cup cashew milk (or skim)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup chèvre or goat cheese
- 1 tbsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 cup broccoli, steamed
- salt and pepper to taste
- For the toppings-
- 1 8-ounce jar julienned sun dried tomatoes
- 3 cups broccoli, steamed
- In a medium pot over medium heat, stir the milk into the polenta.
- Once it is well mixed, add the olive oil and goat cheese and stir until creamy.
- Add broccoli, salt, pepper and crushed red pepper. Stir.
- Heat broccoli and tomatoes in a separate pan over medium heat.
- Once it is hot, add the polenta to a bowl and top with broccoli and tomatoes.
- Stir immediately.