Peanut Butter Cereal Treats
A healthier twist on a sweet treat. These cereal bars are filled with peanut butter, agave, coconut oil, cinnamon, and cereal and THATS IT. Quick and easy.
It’s peanut butter jelly time, peanut butter jelly time. Ok maybe just peanut butter cereal bars, but I’m sure these babies would be good topped with some jelly. Maybe?
I think when just about all of us were younger, we had a box of rice crispy treats in the cabinet ready to whip out of that foil blue wrapper to eat. If we were lucky, maybe we got the homemade ones. Those were so good, am I right? I was craving those delicious little cereal bars the other day so I went searching through our cabinet wondering what I could whip up.
We did not have any rice crispies, but we DID have some rice chex. We also did not have any marshmallows. I was really striking out. I kind of just threw some peanut butter, agave, and coconut oil in a pot and came up with these babies. When I put them in the pan to cool, I decided they needed to throw in some dark chocolate chips too because, well where don’t dark chocolate chips have a place?
Why else are these so great?
They can be made as a Chex mix, clusters, or hard “bars”.
They are only 5 ingredients.
They take about 5 minutes to make.
They are gluten free.
If you have a nut allergy, you can easily substitute with Sunflower Seed Butter.
Enjoy my friends!
- 1/2 cup agave (add 2 tbsp more to make harder bars rather than Chex Mix type clusters)
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 4 cups Rice Chex
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- Line an 11x7 pan with parchment paper
- In a pot, melt the agave, peanut butter, coconut oil, and cinnamon over medium heat, stirring constantly.
- Once creamy and melted, remove from heat and stir in cereal one cup at a time.
- If you are using chocolate chips, add them now.
- Pour into a pan to cool. Make sure they are mostly cooled before cutting.