Very Berry Breakfast Parfait
This is no boring breakfast. These babies combine oats, almond milk, yogurt, berries and nut butter to make for the perfect morning combo. Try them for dessert too!
It’s Friday!! Happy weekend to my food loving friends! Anyone have any big plans? My first plan is to remove the red and purple berry stains off my hands that I got from making these. Whoops.
Have you ever tried your best to be healthy at a drive through, ordered a parfait, and ended up basically eating an ice cream sundae for breakfast? Not that that’s a terrible thing, but who knows how long those mushy berries have been sitting in there. These babies are filled with fresh berries, topped with drippy nut butter, and only take ten minutes MAX to make. Perfection. Not to mention they are easy to grab a spoon and take in a car with you on those busy days. Which for most people is just about every day.
For this particular batch I chose to use vanilla yogurt, a berry mixture, and top it with peanut butter (Trader Joe’s Crunchy Chia Flax Peanut Butter…the best). BUT, feel free to mix it up. Change the yogurt flavor, use bananas as the fruit, or mix nutmeg into the yogurt and use apples. The options are endless.
- 1/2 cup oatmeal
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1/2 cup vanilla greek yogurt
- 2 tsps cinnamon
- 2 tbsps peanut butter
- Divide the oats and almond milk evenly between two glasses.
- Stir the oats into the milk and refrigerate for at least five minutes, so the oats soften and milk soaks in.
- Meanwhile, stir the cinnamon into the yogurt.
- Once soft, remove the oat mixture from the fridge.
- Add a layer of berries, a layer of yogurt, and then a scoop of peanut butter, dividing all ingredients between the two glasses.
- I used a berry mixture. If you choose to include strawberries, be sure to cut them down to bite sized pieces.