Spinach Strawberry Salad and Strawberry Vinaigrette
This simple strawberry and spinach salad coated in a light and sweet strawberry vinaigrette is quick, easy, and a perfect salad for summer. The dressing makes it!
Hello everyone, happy Tuesday. I hope everyone had a great memorial day weekend, I know I did. Thank you to all those who have served and are currently serving our country, you are the reasons we are able to have the wonderful weekends and lives that we do.
We went on a short getaway to Maine this weekend. Even though the weather was a little chilly one of the days (and it was 90 in the rest of the Northeast?!), we made the most of it. We stayed in the most beautiful inn right on the ocean that had the best view. We got in some beach time, some bike riding around town, some relaxing, and some delicious food. It felt good to get a little relaxation in since Ryan and I are about to have the busiest couple months ever. Lots of bachelor and bachelorette parties, showers, and weddings. Cannot wait to celebrate our friends- let the crazy commence!
After an indulgent weeekend food wise, it feels good to come home and do a little reset and this salad is perfect for it. Not only does the whole thing take about ten minutes to put together, the dressing combined with the ingredients makes for the perfect combo. You could skip out on making the strawberry vinaigrette and just use oil and vinegar, but do that at your own risk my friends. I’m telling you, this dressing is a good one.
- 4 cups (loosely packed) spinach, ripped into bite sized pieces
- 1 16-ounce container strawberries, sliced
- 4 ounces goat or feta cheese
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 2 ounces chopped walnuts
- 1 whole avocado, pitted and sliced
- 4 strawberries, stems removed
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon spicy brown mustard
- Dash of salt and pepper
- Toss all salad ingredients in a large bowl into well mixed.
- Add all ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth. I find the Nutribullet or other smoothie type blender works best.
- Pour over salad and toss until coated.