Flourless Chocolate Chip & Peanut Butter Chickpea Blondies
These flourless chick pea blondies are a perfect sweet treat that are so good you would never even realize they’re healthy!
Ahhhh the sweet smell of baked goods in the oven….. the 350 degree oven when its 90 degrees outside. Yes, I am the one who decided to recipe test baked goods when it’s so hot. And no, I did not get it right the first or the second time, so its getting toasty in here. Despite it being hot, I would eat baked goods pretty much anytime of the year. You could always add ice cream to the top right? RIGHT.
Some of you skeptics probably read the title of this post and wonder why on earth I’ve added chick peas to a baked good and said it tasted delicious. Welp, because it DOES taste delicious. I promise you cannot even taste the chickpeas, don’t knock ’em till you try ’em. I mean, how COULD they taste bad when they are surrounded by the greatness of peanut butter, oats, maple syrup, and dark chocolate chips. Nope, they can’t.
Since I’ve done all the recipe testing for you, don’t worry about turning on your oven in the heat. A quick 15 minutes in the oven is all these babies take and you’ve got some delicious chick pea blondies on hand. Anddddd now that I have about 6 batches on my hand, anyone coming over? Maybe ill bring them to my best friends bachelorette party this weekend…how fun am I? 😉
- 1 15-ounce can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1 tsp baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease an 11x7 baking pan.
- Add all ingredients, except chocolate chips, into a food processor and blend until smooth. (It will still look textured due to the nature of the ingredients, be careful not to over blend)
- Stir in chocolate chips, leaving a handful out for topping.
- Pour batter evenly into the baking dish and add the extra chips to the top.
- Bake for 15-17 minutes, or until a knife can be inserted and come out clean.