Flourless Greek Yogurt Blueberry Pancakes
These pancakes are easy, full of protein and fresh berries, and are completely flourless and gluten free! Blueberry pancakes are the BEST way to start a morning.
I don’t really get to make pancakes all that often. Even though I love ’em, I am usually running around like a chicken with my head cut off in the morning and am lucky if I make it out the door with matching shoes on each foot. I’m not really much of a morning person… are you? And if you are, please teach me your ways. While I struggle in the mornings, I really shine at night. BUT, weekends are a different story. And I sure do love me a slow morning sipping coffee and making breakfast.
So, these pancakes. Perfect for the weekends. Or weeknight pancakes for breakfast. Not only are they flourless, but they are also filled with fresh berries and protein from the greek yogurt. They are a fab breakfast to fill you up for the day, and they are also the kind of pancakes that perfectly soak up a good drizzle of maple syrup, yaknow? And, since they are flourless, they are safe for anyone who might be gluten free. I used oats for “flour” instead of traditional flour because oats are the best. Seriously, is there anything oats can’t do?
Now, go enjoy a slow morning. Or breakfast for dinner. Whatever you please, as long as you make these flourless pancakes to go with it.
- 1 banana
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 1.5 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 cup greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1 tsp butter (for greasing skillet)
- Heat a large skillet or griddle on high.
- Add all ingredients, besides blueberries, to a blender or food processor.
- Blend until mostly smooth, but be careful not to over blend. Some chunks of oats are okay.
- Stir blueberries into the batter.
- Grease the skillet with butter and pour batter on. The amount depends on how large you like your pancakes, but these tend to spread a lot so start small!
- Cook each side until golden brown, about five minutes, and flip.
- Serve immediately.
- These pancakes are gluten free because oats are naturally gluten free. However, if you have a medical reason to avoid gluten, be sure to buy certified gluten free oats because sometimes cross contamination occurs.