Teriyaki Tofu Stir Fry Bowls
Stir fry is just about one of the easiest meals to make, but this teriyaki tofu version might take the cake. It is quick, but not short of teriyaki and orange flavor. Make it tonight!
I think one of the first things everyone learns to cook on their own is some type of a stir fry, am I right? Simple…you throw a bunch of veggies in a pan, some kind of protein, and some kind of sauce, and there you have it. Stir fry. I remember in college we used to buy huge bags of frozen veggies, pan fry some chicken, and dump probably an entire bottle of teriyaki in the pan and call it dinner. At least we were cooking? I am thankful to say that my kitchen skills have grown from there, but I do still make a good stir fry every now and then.
I was recently sent my first “Degustabox” to try. Degustabox is a company that is new to the United States. This box is a monthly subscription, and when you sign up you receive a box full of 10-15 new products once a month. In these boxes are healthier snack options that you have never seen before. I love this box as a way to discover and try new products that I may have never seen before. This month, I received my first box which included products like Wise Foods Popcorn, Brianna’s Italian Vinaigrette (favorite dressing brand!!), and the “Soy Vay Veri Veri Teriyaki Sauce” that I tried and knew I HAD to use in this teriyaki tofu recipe. Loved my first box!
Now, back to this recipe. You could definitely use any kind of Teriyaki sauce for it, but I am telling you this one is GOOD. I loved the sweetness of it. Marinating the tofu and cutting the veggies was the most difficult part of the entire recipe. After that, an entire dinner comes together in just 20 minutes. Between the teriyaki sauce and the juice from the orange, this baby has some FLAVOR.
This post contains an affiliate link. Thank you so much for your support!
- 1/2 cup "Soy Vay" Veri Veri Teriyaki Sauce
- 15 ounces extra firm tofu, drained and pressed
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 a yellow onion, slices
- 1 orange pepper, sliced
- Juice from one orange
- Salt, pepper and chili powder to taste
- 4 cups cooked brown rice
- Cut drained tofu into cubes, and let it marinate in the tofu for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Once the tofu is marinated, heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat and add the pepper and onion.
- Add the juice of 1/3 the orange, and sauté until the onions are translucent.
- Remove the onions and peppers and set aside.
- Add the tofu to the same pan, with all the extra teriyaki on top.
- Turn the heat to high and sauté while constantly stirring for about 7-10 minutes or until most of the sauce is soaked up. In the last minute or so, add the juice from the other half of the orange.
- Stir the tofu and the veggies together, and serve immediately over rice.