Strawberries and Coconut Cream
Coconut whipped cream is so quick and easy to make, and it’s healthier than traditional whipped cream. Layer it with some strawberries and you’re set for a perfect dessert!
Summer is absolutely flying by in a crazy but fun way. We’ve spent time out on the boat, by the pool, wedding planning, and wedding attending. We’re also headed to Mexico in about a week so I’m not angry about that. Lots of Mexican food coming your way asap!
This was yet another perfect weekend where I got to see some sorority friends that I haven’t seen in so long and attended yet another gorgeous wedding. Sunday was spent bridesmaid dress shopping with some of my maids and we had so much fun. My little flower girl totally stole the show and was SO cute trying on her dresses. Such a dream come true watching everything come together!
As the weekend was winding down, I needed something sweet to satisfy my sweet tooth. A dessert I love to have in the summer is strawberry shortcake. I love the strawberries and cream combination. Whipped cream is such a weakness, so of course I had to try to make my own. This coconut cream is seriously SO good. Make sure you use full fat chilled coconut milk, or it will not come out the way its supposed to!
- 1 15-ounce can coconut milk
- 2 tbsps maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups strawberries, cleaned and sliced
- Chill the coconut milk for at least 3 hours, but overnight is best.
- Put a large mixing bowl in the freezer for a minute.
- Remove the bowl and add coconut milk (add the thickened cream, and leave the bit of liquid out from the top)
- Add syrup and vanilla to the bowl, and beat everything together with hand mixers until the milk is whipped. This could take 7-8 minutes, so be patient.
- Layer the cream in a bowl or champagne class with strawberries.