Whole Wheat Pumpkin Pancakes
Whole wheat, pumpkin, and pancakes. Enough said. This is a perfect healthy fall breakfast with the delicious flavor of pumpkin the whole family will enjoy.
I love breakfast. I love brunch. I love any type of food that has to do with the morning. Breakfast is my favorite meal, and it sets the tone of your entire day. I don’t really discriminate against any breakfast foods either. After a morning workout, I love a good smoothie. With a long day of class and work ahead, I love some oatmeal with fruit and peanut butter to tide me over so I don’t become hangry at any point of the day. On weekends I love me some egg sandwiches, omelettes, pancakes, french toast, you name it. Told ya I didn’t discriminate.
Right now, I’m all in on fall. Fall decor, fall clothing, fall activities, and everything pumpkin. Now would be the perfect time to add pumpkin to my favorite breakfast. Enter these pumpkin pancakes.
These pumpkin pancakes are:
-Healthy (made with whole wheat)
-Easy (done in 20 minutes tops)
-Very pumpkiny, and I LOVE it.
I know its only Monday today, but these babies can ease you into the week or drive you through the week to enjoy next weekend. Lets eat.
- t tsp butter
- 1 & 2/3 cup Whole Wheat Flour (or whole wheat baking flour)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 2.5 tsp cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup pumpkin puree (not pie filling)
- 2 eggs
- 1.5 cups milk or almond milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- Maple syrup
- Walnut pieces
- Heat the butter on a large griddle or skillet over medium high heat.
- Mix the flour, baking soda, nutmeg, cinnamon, and salt in a large mixing bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the pumpkin, eggs, milk and vanilla,
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry, and mix until the clumps are gone. Be careful not to over whisk.
- Pour about 1/4 cup scoops onto the griddle. Cook about 3-4 minutes per side, or until golden.
- Serve with toppings of your choice.