This three bean buffalo chili is meatless, spicy, warm, filling, gluten free, and it will be loved by everyone who tries is. Perfect for a Sunday at home or a party or tailgate.
Hi guys! I know it’s been a while since you’ve heard from me, but life has gotten a little crazy over here. As you’ve already heard, this semester is kickin’ my butt. So there has been a lot of focus on school and a lot less focus on other things. One good thing we did squeeze in- we got a puppy! Last weekend we picked up our 7 week old yellow lab named Lou. We already love him SO damn much, so I’m sure you’ll be hearing more about him!
During this busy time, it seems like the only day of the week I really have time to cook is Sunday. With this chilly fall weather, I just want allllll the buffalo things. Over the summer, I loved making the buffalo chickpea wrap. So I needed to transform them into a winter recipe. Enter this Buffalo Three Bean Chili.
This chili is:
Full of fiber and veggies
The most difficult part of this chili is chopping the veggies. Add the rest to the pot, and heat. That is literally it.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 large carrots, peeled and diced
- 2 stalks of celery, diced
- 1/2 a yellow onion, diced
- 1 15-ounce can chick peas
- 1 15-ouncecan dark red kidney beans
- 1 15-ounce can cannelini beans
- 1 15-ounce can fire roasted tomatoes
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1/3 cup hot sauce
- 1/2 cup blue cheese crumbles
- For topping-
- Avocado slices
- Lime slices
- Plain greek yogurt
- Blue cheese
- In a large pot, heat the olive oil over medium high heat.
- Add the carrots, celery, and onion to the pot. Sauté until soft stirring constantly, about 5 minutes.
- Add the beans, tomatoes, broth, and hot sauce and stir until mixed.
- Turn the heat to low and simmer for at least an hour.
- About 20 minutes before serving, add the blue cheese crumbles.
- Serve in bowl, add desired toppings.