Apple Walnut Muffins
These apple muffins are perfect for fall and everyone in the family will enjoy them! Why not use up those apples with this 30-minute recipe?
Hello! I miss you guys and working on recipe’s so much. This semester at school is seriously kicking my butt and I have been the busiest person ever. I have to use any extra time I can find on the weekend to prep all my meals and get ready for the week. Every once in a while I try to sneak something good in there and post it here.I can’t wait to make it to December to have some more time.
In the meantime, we DID have a little time to sneak in some apple picking this weekend. By the way, there were barely ANY apples on the trees! Has anyone else had that experience this year? We did manage to get some apples with the help of a ladder and stopped in the store for cider donuts of course. With my fresh bag of apples, I knew I had to get an apple recipe cooking. I love all recipe’s with apples whether it be pie, applesauce, hot apples a la mode, or muffins. And if you do have limited time right now like I do, these are perfect.
All you have to do to make these muffins is dice a few apples, mix the ingredients, and bake. Simple and easy. This particular batch was topped with walnuts, but you could leave those out or do whatever you’d like. Add pecans, chocolate chips, it would all be delicious. They are perfect for after dinner or a quick breakfast. Enjoy!.
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup oats
- 1.5 tsp baking soda
- 1.5 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- pinch of salt
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup plain greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 large or two small apples, diced
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts for topping
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Add liners to a muffin pan or grease it with butter.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the flour, oats, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt and stir.
- In a separate bowl, add the egg, vanilla, yogurt, and syrup and whisk together.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry, add the apples, and mix well until a better has formed.
- Scoop into a muffin tin evenly, top with walnuts, and bake for 20 minutes