These peanut butter cookies are gluten free and PACKED with nutrients. They are quick and easy, and a perfect way to kick off the holiday baking season.
Hello to all of my long lost friends! I am so sorry about my posting hiatus. This was just about my most difficult semester of school yet, and the end of it really got to me. But, the semester is finally winding down and I am finding a bit more free time. Not only was the semester crazy- but we got ourselves a cute little yellow lab pup named Lou who has made our lives crazier in the best way!
But I am back, and totally getting into the holiday spirit. I LOVE this time of year more than anything. Putting up the lights, the tree, the music. Everyone seems to be happier. Another thing I love about this time of year? Baking.
These Teff Peanut Butter Cookies are perfect to kick off the holiday baking season. They are gluten free and completely packed with nutrients. What is Teff you ask? Its a gluten free whole grain that is full of all the good stuff-healthy fats, potassium, protein, iron, magnesium. The list goes on. You can find this flour where the Bob’s Red Mill products are sold.
Now these cookies- clearly healthy with the Teff four, but also only include a few other ingredients. They are quick and easy to make.Now put on the Pentatonix Christmas Album, change into your warmest pajamas, and get baking!
- 1.5 cups Teff Flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together the flour, salt, and sugar.
- In a separate bowl, add the butter, vanilla, and peanut butter and mix with an electric mixer.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix well. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Form the dough into half inch balls, and place them on a cookie sheet.
- Flatten with a fork, in order to make lines.
- Bake 12-14 minutes.